The Library Association of Waxhaw was formed to encourage the construction of and support the operation of a new facility for the Waxhaw Branch of the Union County Public Library.
Our mission is:
- -To act as advocates for the Waxhaw Branch Library
- -Promote library use and public support
- -Raise funds to support the Waxhaw Branch Library
- -Sponsor special programs
- -Share a mutual love of books and the library
Toward this end, various fund raising endeavors were initiated. Of those, the most successful has been the Reading Room, a used book store. Solely operated by volunteers, the bookstore offers a vast array of books at reasonable and affordable prices to the public. All proceeds are designated to the support and operation of new larger library for Waxhaw and its neighboring communities. If you would like to help with this, please email
us, stop in pick up an application, or print and fill out the application
and bring it into the bookstore.